Monday, May 20, 2013

Spoke too Soon

We had such a good day yesterday and this morning  I thought we had turned a corner. Then this afternoon, he was just a snapping growling machine. I'd like to think it was an extinction burst but I dont think we've come so far for that. He growled and snapped at my husband twice. Once when he came in from outside and put his hand down for Oliver to sniff. The 2nd time happened soon afterwards when my husband tried to move him from the sofa so he could sit down.

A bit later, our son came out and he was ok with him at first, even let him pick him up and hold him but later, when he bent over to pcik him up, he did his vicious dog imitation.

I talked to my trainer and at her suggestion, I began mat work with him. He is doing really well with sit and down. We've been working on them all day. Well, he started throwing sits and downs at me. Cute as could be. We did get some mat work done though and I let him have some free time.

It was dinner time so I gave my guys their food and fixed him a very small meal. When I tried to pick him up to ut him in his pen, he acted like he wanted to snarl and snap at me but didn't quite do it. Not sure if it's because he has developed a bit of a relationship with me or if he is getting better. Wil watch.

I had taken him outside just before we started working and he peed. I should have taken him out again after we finished. He had diarrhea all over the kitchen floor:-( I should have expected it after all the treats he has had today along with having eaten a big breakfast. Oh well, hopefully we have had all the excitement for 1 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment